Saturday, December 21, 2013

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS


Lately, I have been seeing more and more crocheted wreaths all over the internet, mostly Pinterest.  It peaked my interest, and thought I would give it a go.

This year I have been into red and white, so that's what I planned for the base.  I followed instructions from Repeat Crafter Me, just substituting stripes instead of a plain pattern.  The yarn for the base is Red Heart Super Saver (white and cherry red).  A couple years ago I purchased two full skeins of bright green mohair at a thrift store for $1.00.  I had no idea what I would ever use it for.  It was perfect for the Holly Jolly pattern from Attic 24.  Finally, the rolled roses pattern came from Pink Milk (Red Heart Super Saver - Cherry  Red).  After the crocheting was complete, I went through my stash of old Christmas bits and bobs (99% of the goodies are vintage with a couple newer items to fill in the gaps) to create a Christmas vignette.  Santa even twirls from the top of the wreath.

Here it is hanging on the outside of my mother's door.

S.W.A.K.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, that's SO cute Marsha! I hope you and Frannie had a wonderful Christmas!!!